Thursday, December 13, 2007

23 Things - Thing 15

Now this is something I am more interested in - and something I feel is worth time spent thinking and reading about. I had a quick read of all the articles but the one I found most interesting was 'To a temporary place in time' by Dr Wendy Schultz. What I particularly liked about it was the description of Library 4.0 as a meditation spa. Could I have one now? Please?
In a way I've always thought of libraries as a quiet retreat from the world. As a child I love to go and sit in a quiet corner (on a comfortable chair) and read the afternoon away. It would be nice to be able to integrate the experience of luxurious sanctuary with the necessity of providing a relevant service to people from a humongous range of background and experiences with a limited budget and other governmental requirements.

No comments: